We are registered in accordance with UK data protection legislation under registration number Z1301910 and full details of our registration are available online from the Information Commissioner's Office at www.ico.gov.uk. The Websites are therefore strictly operated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Collection of your personal information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in any forms on our Websites. We may also ask for information when you report a problem with our Websites;
- information provided in any email, letter or telephone call that you send or make to us;
- information contained in any surveys that we ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- details of your visits to our Websites and the resources that you access. We will be analysing user journeys through the Websites, including actions taken whilst using the Websites, so as to allow us to provide a better service to users.
By opting into our Email Club you agree to allow John Barras to contact you via email, text and other electronic means.
If you have agreed to receive such marketing communications you may opt out from receiving email newsletters by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link located in every email, or by sending a request to email@example.com. For SMS you may opt out by following the instructions presented in every SMS we send you, or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us at any point via our contact form on the website at http://www.johnbarras.com/about/contact/, by phone on 01283 498400, or by post at Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3JZ.
This website is owned by Spirit Pub Company (company number 7662835), which is registered in England and Wales and has it's registered office at Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire DE14 3JZ, VAT number 745 7724 03.
Use and storage of your personal information
We will use personal information provided by you or gathered by us for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, offers, products and/or services;
- to advise your of prizes won in our competitions;
- to update our records; and
- to analyse trends and profiles, including in relation to usage of the Websites.
In particular, we will use the information provided by you to inform you about our latest promotions and/or specific products and services that we think might be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving these updates at any time by ticking the box on the registration pace or by sending an email to email@example.com or via the Contact Us section.
We will also pass your personal information to carefully selected third parties in order that they may contact you with details of products or services that they believe may be of interest to you.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- we sometimes use third parties to process personal information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use third parties to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your personal information.
- we will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- we may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
A cookie is a piece of information that is held on the hard drive of your computer which records how you have used a website. Cookies allow website operators to accumulate useful information, such as whether the computer (and sometimes its user) has visited the site before. This is done on a repeat visit by checking to see, and finding, the cookie left there on the last visit.
If you do not want cookies downloaded onto your machine, you can disable them by adjusting the settings on your browser. However, you may not be able to use some of the features on the Websites without cookies.
Access to your personal information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will ask for confirmation of identity before we disclose any personal information and may charge a £10 administration fee to process the request. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, Sunrise House, Ninth Avenue, Burton-Upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE14 3JZ or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.